The Sandbox is a global mock test environment to simulate Equinix production behavior. It uses synthetic data in its responses (not production data) and can only be accessed by Equinix customers. Customers can use this environment to play around and integrate with Equinix APIs before moving to Production.
How to access the Sandbox environment?
1. Sign in to Equinix Developer Platform.
2. Log in using any Equinix portal login credentials.
3. After logging in, click on the My Apps section as shown below.
4. Click on the Create New App button.
5. You will need to name your app and then select the app type to be used, you can either create an app for the Sandbox. Once you’re ready click on the Create App button.
6. You should now have your app listed in the My Apps section as shown below:
7. When you select the application, your Client ID ( Consumer Key) and Client Secret (Consumer Secret) will be revealed.
8. Click on the Details tab to reveal the sandbox API URL.
Refer to Requesting Access and Refresh tokens section for instructions on how to obtain an Authorization Token using the above consumer key and consumer secret.