You should use Playground if:
- You want to understand Equinix API Schema definition and its relation to your upcoming integration efforts
- You want to understand details like Data Type, Error Code etc. to kick-start and build sample applications
- You don’t have an account with Equinix or you are in the process of getting an account
You should use Sandbox if:
- You are an Equinix Customer and have a user account. You can use your Equinix Customer Portal User credentials to login to Developer Platform
- You want to build application and want to simulate the Equinix business rules to ensure it reflects some of the real production behavior.
- You have all the requirements for building your application and a concrete plan to move to Production
We connect the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the world's most connected data centers in 44 markets across five continents. In the United States, Equinix operates data centers in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Seattle, Silicon Valley and Washington D.C.