Sandbox is a global mock test environment to simulate Equinix production behavior. It uses synthetic data in its responses (not production data) and can only be accessed by Equinix customers. Customers can use this environment to play around and integrate with Equinix APIs before moving to Production.
How to access the Sandbox environment?
1. Sign in to Equinix Developer Platform.
2. Log in using any Equinix portal login credentials.
3. After logging in, click on the App Dashboard menu as shown below.
4. Click on the Create New App button.
5. You will need to name your app and then select the app type as Sandbox. Once you’re ready click on the Create button.
6. You should now have your app listed in the My Apps section as shown below:
7. Click on the App to view your Client ID (Consumer Key) and Client Secret (Consumer Secret) for Sandbox environment.
Refer to Requesting Access and Refresh tokens section for instructions on how to obtain an Authorization Token using the above consumer key and consumer secret.